The following sessions are scheduled during October Half-term for the Hawks Skill Centre (located at Harlow Leisurezone)
Due to Essex being on Alert Tier 2 – all the sessions are for junior players. But a few slots have scheduled in to allow a family from the same household to be able to book as session slot.
Each time slot is one hour and a maximum of 4 players can be booked in for each session listed below. Exception to this is Primary age group sessions, where the maximum is 6 players.
Cost: £7 per player – To book a spot for any of the time slots contact Coach Shab
Weds 28th Oct 2020
- 4-5pm – U18 National League – fully booked
- 5:15-6:15pm – Family Slot (cost is £28) – Booked
- 6:30-7:30pm – U14’s – fully booked
- 7:45-8:45pm – Family slot (cost is £28)- Booked
Thurs 29th Oct 2020
- 12:30-1:30pm – U8’s (max of 6 people)
- 2:15-3:15pm – U11’s (max of 6 people)
- 3:45-4:45pm – U17’s or U14’s
- 5-6pm – Family Slot (cost is £28)
Depending on demand there may be 2 additional sessions added on Friday from 4pm for Primary age group sessions.
Fri 30th Oct 2020
As some of you may have heard on the news that Essex will be moving to Alert Tier 2 from this Saturday (17th Oct) in the new Covid Alert System.
What this means for Harlow Hawks basketball sessions and the impact on them:
Junior sessions will continue as normal
Senior Sessions (18 and over) – adults can only train indoors with members of their households or support bubbles. This effectively means the following for the various senior sessions because the rule of 6 has been removed for Tier 2.
- Saturday Adult Social – is now off
- Senior Team – is now off
- Skills Centre Senior sessions – can not be group sessions – have to be individual or family
Basketball England info as below (Click on it to enlarge)
All junior sessions are on as normal this weekend.
Adult Social session is also restarting this weekend. NOTE – there is NO option of just turning up and pay as you go currently. All spots for the session have to be pre-booked. Once these have been filled then a waiting list will be created.
As result of Covid-19, we have had to make some adjustments to sessions for the time being in order to try and allow as many people as possible to safely be able to come to sessions. These will be in place until all restrictions on the number of people allowed to attend sessions have been fully lifted and we will review accordingly.
Please note the following for all sessions:
- PLAYERS MUST BE PRE-BOOKED IN FOR SESSIONS. Unfortunately there will NO option of pay as you go
- All players will have to make block payment for booking (you will be advised accordingly for the relevant session)
- Screening and temperature checking will be done before every session and recorded, in case of track and trace.
- Players need to arrive 15mins before session time to allow for screening
- Players need to be dressed ready for the session (no access to changing room)
- Spectators are not permitted for sessions (exception may be for U8 session younger players if no siblings with them, in which case parents will also need to be screened and temperature taken)
- Players to follow the guidance that will be given for the relevant session about routes for entry and exit from the venue
- Bring own water bottle already filled and labelled (if needed)
- Players need to bring own small sanitiser bottle to sessions as part of the training kit (only exception is for any Skills Centre sessions)
- Follow instructions from coaches regarding ball cleansing during the session and sanitising of hands.
- Everyone who attends any club sessions will be sent an email by the Club Covid Officer including points listed here and also a few attachments.
- To help making the screening process efficient and quick, all players attending a session are required to bring a completed Screening questionnaire sheet with them (for Junior players this needs to be filled by parents/guardians and all sections completed)
Now for the details that people have been waiting for, below are the sessions that we will be running and when they start. There are limited spaces available in each session, once these have been filled then we will operate a waiting list system.
Reminder: Players will NOT BE ABLE TO JUST TURN UP ON THE DAY for a session. They will have to be pre-booked (£5 x number of weeks for the block booking), all players will be contacted to advise if they have a space at a session or if they are on waiting list for the session.
JUNIOR AGE GROUP SESSIONS
Starting on Sat 19th Sept (at Harlow Leisurezone)
- U8’s (school years 1-3): 3-4pm
- U11’s (school years 4-6): 4-5pm
- U14’s (school years 7-9): Session1 – 5-6pm
- U14’s (school years 7-9): Session2 – 6-7pm
Starting on Mon 28th Sept (at Passmores)
- U17’s (Years 10/11) – Session1 – 6:30-7:30pm
- U17/U18’s (Years 12/13) – Session2 – 7:30-8:30pm
U16 National League Team
- Tue 22nd Sept at Passmores – 7-8:30pm
- Thurs 24th Sept at Leisurezone – 7-8:30pm
U18 National League Team
- Thurs 24th Sept at Leisurezone – 8:30-10pm
- Mon 28th Sept at Passmores – 8:30-9:30pm
SENIOR AGE GROUPS
Senior Mens Team
- Weds 23rd Sept at Leisurezone – 8-10pm (may be split into 2 x 1 hour sessions)
Adult Social Session
- Sat 26th Sept at Leisurezone – 3-4pm
Ladies Only session
- TBC – will either be on Saturdays or a weekday evening – but will start a few weeks after the other sessions.