As result of Covid-19, we have had to make some adjustments to sessions for the time being in order to try and allow as many people as possible to safely be able to come to sessions. These will be in place until all restrictions on the number of people allowed to attend sessions have been fully lifted and we will review accordingly.
Please note the following for all sessions:
- PLAYERS MUST BE PRE-BOOKED IN FOR SESSIONS. Unfortunately there will NO option of pay as you go
- All players will have to make block payment for booking (you will be advised accordingly for the relevant session)
- Screening and temperature checking will be done before every session and recorded, in case of track and trace.
- Players need to arrive 15mins before session time to allow for screening
- Players need to be dressed ready for the session (no access to changing room)
- Spectators are not permitted for sessions (exception may be for U8 session younger players if no siblings with them, in which case parents will also need to be screened and temperature taken)
- Players to follow the guidance that will be given for the relevant session about routes for entry and exit from the venue
- Bring own water bottle already filled and labelled (if needed)
- Players need to bring own small sanitiser bottle to sessions as part of the training kit (only exception is for any Skills Centre sessions)
- Follow instructions from coaches regarding ball cleansing during the session and sanitising of hands.
- Everyone who attends any club sessions will be sent an email by the Club Covid Officer including points listed here and also a few attachments.
- To help making the screening process efficient and quick, all players attending a session are required to bring a completed Screening questionnaire sheet with them (for Junior players this needs to be filled by parents/guardians and all sections completed)
Now for the details that people have been waiting for, below are the sessions that we will be running and when they start. There are limited spaces available in each session, once these have been filled then we will operate a waiting list system.
Reminder: Players will NOT BE ABLE TO JUST TURN UP ON THE DAY for a session. They will have to be pre-booked (£5 x number of weeks for the block booking), all players will be contacted to advise if they have a space at a session or if they are on waiting list for the session.
JUNIOR AGE GROUP SESSIONS
Starting on Sat 19th Sept (at Harlow Leisurezone)
- U8’s (school years 1-3): 3-4pm
- U11’s (school years 4-6): 4-5pm
- U14’s (school years 7-9): Session1 – 5-6pm
- U14’s (school years 7-9): Session2 – 6-7pm
Starting on Mon 28th Sept (at Passmores)
- U17’s (Years 10/11) – Session1 – 6:30-7:30pm
- U17/U18’s (Years 12/13) – Session2 – 7:30-8:30pm
U16 National League Team
- Tue 22nd Sept at Passmores – 7-8:30pm
- Thurs 24th Sept at Leisurezone – 7-8:30pm
U18 National League Team
- Thurs 24th Sept at Leisurezone – 8:30-10pm
- Mon 28th Sept at Passmores – 8:30-9:30pm
SENIOR AGE GROUPS
Senior Mens Team
- Weds 23rd Sept at Leisurezone – 8-10pm (may be split into 2 x 1 hour sessions)
Adult Social Session
- Sat 26th Sept at Leisurezone – 3-4pm
Ladies Only session
- TBC – will either be on Saturdays or a weekday evening – but will start a few weeks after the other sessions.
Details about the restarting of sessions will be posted in the next few days, so keep an eye out.
With the new Junior National League provisionally scheduled to start at the beginning of November. There are some spots available on the Harlow Hawks U18 National League team, so if you are interested in playing at this level then get in touch.
Trial workout sessions for players interested in playing on the U18 team will take place on Sat 26th Sept.
Anyone interested in playing on the team should either email [email protected] or contact Coach Graham on 07791 011043
We contacted all the junior club members (team and non-team) who were attending sessions prior to lockdown asking them about returning so that we could get an idea for the number of players for each age group. All should now have received an email (the same for Senior team players), which they are required to acknowledge.
In addition to above we have to factor in the enquiries we had during lockdown about joining when we ran sessions again.
All of this is being put into the planning for scheduling of restarting sessions again, without trying to cause too much disruption to what time slots were in place for sessions pre-lockdown. But there is likely to be some adjustments we are going to have to make in order for us to make the best use of our bookings.
In preparation for returning to our regular sessions, we have been testing our screening and session processes/procedures using the Skills Centre.
We hope to be able to announce very soon the restarting of various sessions using full court venues, but there will be restrictions in place on numbers that can attend sessions. So it is probably going to inevitable that we may have to introduce a waiting list for some sessions, until we move to other Levels of the Basketball England RTP (Return to Play) that will have less restrictions in place.